Welcome to the
A specialist school for twice-exceptional students Year 3 to Year 10.
I know that you know all of this, but I feel it necessary to say that what you are accomplishing is outstanding. I believe Tombolo will be a ‘role model’ for similar schools wanting to start up, and rightly so.
We are so appreciative of everything you are doing to help make Tombolo an amazing place for our children to want to be. You have no idea how reassuring it is to know there is a school with amazing staff, where our daughter gets to be her, and help her on her journey. We would be lost without Tombolo.
We’ve seen our son really start to shine and have some confidence thanks to your investment and strategies, but also because you’ve seen him – you’ve gone behind the defensive exterior to start to draw out the boy with a beautiful heart, brain full of ideas and so much potential who just needs some guidance and someone other than his parents to believe in him. We can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done and are doing and are really excited for the year ahead.
This half of the year has been tough at times but overall has been like arriving at an oasis. Our child has been able to drink at the well of social interaction and acceptance and finally enjoy the sunlight of a good education.
Our Amazing Learning Spaces
Tombolo Academy is a specialist school delivering a rich educational program
for students with a unique combination of abilities and challenges.
These students are defined as twice exceptional.
Every day, and for every student, we deliver a rich educational program that emphasises the strengths, gifts and talents of our students providing the building blocks necessary to be successful throughout their lives.
Latest Blog Posts
- Tombolo Academy Staff Volunteer for OzHarvestThe Tombolo Academy team had a wonderful opportunity to volunteer recently for OzHarvest, Australia’s leading food rescue organisation.
- Official Opening of our Learning SpacesToday marked a momentous occasion as we celebrated the official opening of our incredible new learning space.
- Term 4 NewsletterIt’s hard to believe that Term 4 is already over! The past few months have flown by and it’s been a busy one. We wanted to take a moment to look back at all of the amazing things that have happened at Tombolo.
- Action-Packed Day at Gumbuya World 🦘On a chilly Thursday morning, Tombolo students set out on an exciting excursion to Gumbuya World, an action-packed theme park filled with thrilling rides, interactive shows, and immersive animal experiences.
- Illusionary Adventures 🖼On Tuesday, November 29th, Tombolo students had a jam-packed day filled with exciting activities. In the morning, we headed to Artvo in Melbourne for a self-guided tour of their large-scale optical-illusion murals.
“Human resources are like natural resources; they’re often buried deep. You have to go looking for them, they’re not just lying around on the surface. You have to create the circumstances where they show themselves.”
― Ken Robinson
We Are Grateful To Our Supporters
Tombolo Academy acknowledges and pays respect to the traditional custodians of the land of the Boon Wurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We also acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands and waters across Victoria. We pay our respects to them, their cultures and their Elders past, present and emerging.