Ready to re-engage the disengaged?
Tombolo Academy is looking for innovative, creative and dynamic Secondary Science Teacher.
- Full-time position
- Start date: Now
- Salary commensurate with experience
- As a registered charity, we offer attractive salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative secondary teacher to join our growing team.
You will be a patient, and resilient educator with a good sense of humour as this is a challenging but incredibly rewarding learning environment.
We need a new team member who is passionate and determined to improve student outcomes. We are looking for a flexible, creative learning designer who can adapt quickly to a dynamic learning environment.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be able to differentiate teaching and learning for students with various needs and abilities.
- This might include: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA), anxiety, depression and trauma.
- Have experience with positive behaviour support models and teaching children with social, emotional, and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrate creative and innovative teaching practices to provide rich learning opportunities for all students.
- Be a confident classroom manager both in terms of student behaviour and liaising with a range of other professionals.
- Demonstrate a high level of collaboration in a flexible classroom setting.
- Have effective interpersonal skills and be prepared to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Be able to form strong and meaningful relationships with students and families.
- Have a high level of competence with technologies to enhance learning.
Tombolo Academy can offer you:
- Small class sizes with a high staff ratio.
- A friendly, dynamic team of expert educators to offer assistance and guidance.
- On-going coaching and mentoring with behaviour strategies and learning design.
- Collaborative planning opportunities.
- A supportive, understanding and welcoming team.
- Professional development opportunities and role diversity.
- Victorian Institute of Teaching registration
- First aid certificate (or willingness to obtain this)
- Working with Children Check
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (or willingness to obtain this)
- Be legally entitled to work in Australia.
- Understanding of twice-exceptional, and disability in education
- Further study in relevant areas
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of how to engage students who have often had a negative experience in a mainstream setting and are not always in a place to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to design engaging, creative learning experiences to improve student outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team and develop strong relationships with students, families and teaching staff of a school community.
Tombolo Academy is committed to being a child-safe organisation.
To apply for this exciting new position, please submit your CV and a cover letter that addresses the role and Key Selection Criteria.
Helen Barrett – Principal