(Updated Oct 2022)
Ready to re-engage the disengaged?
Tombolo Academy is looking for innovative, creative and dynamic Secondary Teachers who ideally can teach two subject areas.
- Full-time position
- Start date: Term 1 2023
- Salary commensurate with experience
- As a registered charity, we offer attractive salary packaging benefits
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative secondary teacher to join our growing team.
You will be a patient, and resilient educator with a good sense of humour as this is a challenging but incredibly rewarding learning environment.
We need a new team member who is passionate and determined to improve student outcomes. We are looking for a flexible, creative learning designer who can adapt quickly to a dynamic learning environment.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be able to differentiate teaching and learning for students with various needs and abilities.
- This might include: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA), anxiety, depression and trauma.
- Have experience with positive behaviour support models and teaching children with social, emotional, and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrate creative and innovative teaching practices to provide rich learning opportunities for all students.
- Be a confident classroom manager both in terms of student behaviour and liaising with a range of other professionals.
- Demonstrate a high level of collaboration in a flexible classroom setting.
- Have effective interpersonal skills and be prepared to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Be able to form strong and meaningful relationships with students and families.
- Have a high level of competence with technologies to enhance learning.
Tombolo Academy can offer you:
- Small class sizes with a high staff ratio.
- A friendly, dynamic team of expert educators to offer assistance and guidance.
- On-going coaching and mentoring with behaviour strategies and learning design.
- Collaborative planning opportunities.
- A supportive, understanding and welcoming team.
- Professional development opportunities and role diversity.
- Victorian Institute of Teaching registration
- First aid certificate (or willingness to obtain this)
- Triple Covid-19 Vaccination
- Working with Children Check
- Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (or willingness to obtain this)
- Be legally entitled to work in Australia.
- Understanding of twice-exceptional, gifted and disability in education
- Further study in relevant areas
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of how to engage students who have often had a negative experience in a mainstream setting and are not always in a place to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to design engaging, creative learning experiences to improve student outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team and develop strong relationships with students, families and teaching staff of a school community.
Tombolo Academy is committed to being a child-safe organisation.
To apply for this exciting new position please submit your CV and a cover letter that addresses the role and Key Selection Criteria.
Helen Barrett – Principal
The Tombolo Academy is growing. We need Teaching Assistants.
We are excited to be on the lookout for Teaching Assistants to join our team.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills, experience and dispositions.
- Primary, Middle school or High school experience
- Knowledge of students with ADHD, ADD, PDA, ODD, ASD, Anxiety and depression.
- Skilled in forming strong relationships with students.
- Able to meet students where they are at, academically and emotionally.
- Takes a student-centric approach.
- Adaptable, flexible, creative and able to think outside the box.
- Experienced in supporting teachers in designing with a cross-curricular approach.
- Skilled in planning engaging and personalised learning.
- Collaborative-team player.
- Some experience in a small team.
- Resilient and passionate about changing the outcomes for students.
- Able to learn and reflect, to adapt to the student’s needs.
- A sense of humour helps!
If this excites you and our specialist programme is aligned with your expertise, please get in touch.